Chicken Wonton Soup
The first addition to our brand new library of recipes.
Quick and Easy Chicken Wonton Soup
This comforting chicken wonton soup lives up to the wonton's literal translation of "pillows of heaven".Any fan of American classic, chicken dumpling soup will enjoy this eastern style "dumpling" recipe.Read on for the ingredients and techniques to making this simple yet luxurious and filling dish that's easy to make in your kitchen and will most likely make it into your weekly lunch or dinner rotation.
For wonton filling
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast, ground
- 2 green onion, minced
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 20 wonton skins
- cold water, for making wontons
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, ground or finely chopped
- Mix chicken, green onion, soy sauce, carrot, sesame oil, cilantro, sesame seeds and salt in a large bowl until evenly combined.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture and place into the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten 2 adjacent edges of the wrapper with water and fold into a triangle. Connect the two lower points of the wrapper and moisten to seal and make a hat shape. Repeat with remaining chicken and wonton wrappers.
- Use your favorite ramen packaged noodles, (any flavor works here) and follow package instructions. Add in wontons to noodles and cook for 6-8 minutes until they are cooked through. Garnish with cilantro, sesame oil and green onions- ENJOY!